The Fashion Enter & FTA team are busy gearing up for a unique, fashion skills and apprenticeships event tomorrow, 11th October, held in partnership with the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. From 10.30am – 12.30pm we will welcome Alex Lamb from Kilgour Savile Row to provide an exclusive insight into how master tailors really work. Along with guest speakers Simon Platts, Sourcing Director at ASOS.com and Sarah Ebanja, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Chief Executive. Lord Young of Norwood Green, Tony Young, will also speak, he has recently been appointed as an Apprenticeships Ambassador by the Government.
Lord Young was himself an apprentice at the General Post Office. He said: “It was many years ago indeed. What I do remember is acquiring the skills and knowledge that I needed as well as the importance of strong technical skills. That is why I will work to raise the profile of apprenticeships.”
Taking place on Thursday 11th October 10.30am – 12.30pm invited attendees will:
- Meet the Brand Director of Kilgour.
- Review FREE courses in Stitching and Pattern Cutting.
- Discuss apprenticeship jobs available.
- Those with previous machining experience can take part in a trial for a job with an immediate start.
- Undertake a tour of Fashion Enter’s ethical Factory and see the production process in action.
“Having the support from industry with ASOS’s Sourcing Director is such a result too. Grateful thanks to Tottenham Hotspur Foundation who have been inspirational in their support and we are proud to have Sarah Ebanja, Chief Executive of the Foundation attend. This is one event not to be missed!”