Visit the FCFTA Leicester for engaging new workshops for students, industry professionals and stitching enthusiasts
Fashion-Enter Ltd’s popular technical residency and CPPD workshops can be adapted to meet specific requirements at the Leicester campus led by Deputy CEO Jackie Bertram.
Each workshop can be tailored to suit each group including flexible time frames. The aim is to provide attendees with a workshop that is informative and engaging.
Fashion aside we can tailor workshops to cover core topics such as:
- Business Studies – Lean manufacturing, economies of scale for production, sharp practices, ethical and sustainable demands, reliability, critical path and PLM systems, payment terms and discount invoicing.
- Banks Advising on Investment – Ethical audits required by retailers, what questions to ask CEOs and CFOs, understanding industry standards, ethical garment manufacturing, being up-to-date with the latest manufacturing technologies and practises.
- Garment Technology – Optimum fit, style and quality of manufacture in the most time efficient process, provide evaluative learning on patterns, fit and sealing process, effective communication between buying teams and garment technologists and understanding pattern cutting parameters.
- Compliance and Ethics – What makes a factory ethical, audits and the Modern Slavery Act.
- Lean Manufacturing – Manufacturing in the most efficient manner and how to reduce waste in a factory.
- Buying and Sourcing – Understanding the principles, analyse the factors that can impact on delivery deadlines, understand the ethical and environmental factors in the buying process, evaluate the different factors that influence decisions on methods and terms of shipment, supply chain management, assess the issues that can occur when using offshore suppliers.
- Workers’ Rights and Labour Exploitation – Understanding of the job application process and how to spot if an advertisement is genuine or not.
- Career’s Advice – Garment lifecycle and job roles involved at each stage, improving your CV, how to stand out on LinkedIn, making sure your CV includes target key words.
- Ethical Managers – SMETA, Fast Forward audits, subcontracting, cabbage, 16 hour on 16 off, slave labour, compliance, understanding the production process, timings, capacity, visual checks when entering a site.
We can also provide practical workshops which could include:
- How to use an industrial sewing machine (threading, health and safety and tips and tricks)
- Thread tension
- Learn about different seams and finishings for a range of fabric qualities
- Practical exercises to develop cutting, stitching and finishing standards and knowledge
- Understanding industry patterns and markers
Previous feedback from the groups include:
“I learnt how sourcing strategies work and how factories work.”
“I found out about sourcing methods – it was a fun day.”
“It was a great experience and very hands on!”
“I was able to create my own tote bag made of fleece fabric, using the overlock machine! It was an awesome experience, and I am so glad I got to be part of this trip to Fashion-Enter Ltd.”
“Had an amazing talk about sourcing and on shore factories within the supply chain at multiple market level. Followed by a practical session on industry standard machines. Can’t wait to visit more factories throughout my career and love seeing micro factories pop up throughout the UK!“