The SEG Awards Level 1 Award in Workers’ Rights and Labour Exploitation has been developed to raise awareness of the basic employment rights provided by UK law. Learners will gain an understanding of the job application process and how to spot if an advertisement is genuine or not. They will also gain the tools to enable them to understand whether or not they, or a colleague, are being exploited and the process for how this should be reported. This qualification has been designed in conjunction with the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority, with a flexible approach, allowing it to be delivered through our online platform as support for a classroom setting.
What You Will Learn:
- Sorting and identifying incoming product, often using technology, e.g. work-wear, table cloths, sheets, towels, personal items for dry/wet cleaning;
- Ensuring the product is high-quality and fit for purpose;
- Working safely and efficiently, whilst minimising the impact on the environment;
- Rectifying basic faults, e.g. product mis-feed;
- Classifying products for appropriate cleaning process;
- Using appropriate chemicals to undertake the cleaning process, e.g. bleach;
- Operating specialist equipment/machinery to process products in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs), e.g. batch washing machines and presses steamers;
- Drying and finishing products whilst adhering to company quality procedures; and
- Preparing and packing items for dispatch to meet customer requirements.