Apprenticeship with Moseley Road available now!
Moseley Road is a London based creative design agency who bridge the gap between retailer/designer and manufacturer.
We specialise in denim, knitwear and jersey and pride ourselves in always being one step ahead, offering unique designs, invaluable trend research and innovative fabrics to our clients. We also all bring together our many years of experience and insight into the industry having all been ex-buyers and designers from companies such as Topshop, Asos, Levis, Miss Selfridge and Oasis
Who We Work With: Asos, Boden, East, Fat Face, Karen Millen, Laura Ashley, Miss Selfridge, Nasty Gal, New Look, Oasis, River Island, Ted Baker, Topshop, Topman, Urban Outfitters Men & Women, Wallis, Warehouse, Whistles, White Stuff
Designers We Work With: Christopher Kane, Christopher Shannon, Henry Holland, House Of Hackney, James Long, Martine Rose, Matthew Williamson
Location: We are based in the creative hub of Shoreditch, right next to Hoxton Square in a converted Warehouse space and above a great interior design shop/café
Job Title: Design Apprentice
The Role: We are a small team and apprentices are vital to the day to day running of the company. We are looking for someone who has a can do/willing attitude who will assist the designers/account managers with denim, knitwear and jersey, All our apprentices become part of our team and gain a valuable experience and insight into the fashion industry
What You Will Be Doing:
- Drawing and sketching garments/CAD work
- Preparing design packs/specs to send out to factories
- Assisting the designers with trend research, this will involve looking on blogs, Pinterest, WGSN, Magazines etc and collating findings into a pack which will then be presented to clients
- Organising fabric hangers/yarn cards
- Organising sample archive
- Selecting samples to show to clients/preparing the showroom for client meetings
- Selecting and swatching fabric qualities to send to clients
- Minor alterations to garments
Knowledge & Skills Required: A knowledge of denim, knitwear and jersey is helpful but not mandatory. A basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign would also be useful
This role is available on the Level 3 Fashion and Textiles Apprenticeship programme. This is a 24 month programme where you will spend one day a week training for the qualification at the Fashion Technology Academy.
How To Apply:Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and x5 of your best portfolio pages. Look forward to hearing from you!