Gerber Software Application Engineer / Trainer UK
For more than four decades, Gerber Technology has been a world leader in providing sophisticated automated manufacturing systems. They revolutionized the apparel industry when they invented the first automated cutting system more than 40 years ago. For decades, they have worked side-by-side with customers helping them apply best practices to their business.
Today, Gerber Technology offers automation solutions to many distinct markets including: Fashion, apparel and footwear markets with product lifecycle management (PLM), product data management (PDM) and computer-aided design (CAD) software; Sewn products markets with automated cutting and material spreading systems. We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as software application engineer.
- Provide all levels of software training at Gerber Technology training facilities, on-line and at customer’s facility. This includes all products in the AccuMark product families.
- Provide advance software support via phone and email for clients and maintain accurate call logging notifications.
- Provide feedback from training experiences for the purpose of improving the training curriculum for greater client success.
- Provide project support to clients including software implementation, preparing agendas, and other documentations and training materials.
- Sustain superior skills on all AccuMark products with respect to training and support techniques.
- Maintain demo and training facilities and equipment in a safe and clean environment.
- Communicate with and coach customers on industry and application best practices.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in apparel design/manufacturing, business, or other related field desired.
- 3+ years of experience in the apparel or technology fields.
- Experience in pattern making, grading and marking required.
- Experience in training and customer support a plus..
- Experience with apparel CAD products and networking required; experience with Gerber CAD systems a plus.
- Experience with 3D apparel products a plus.
- Ability to work independently with attention to details in all operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that are audience appropriate applying the style and delivery necessary to impact the audience.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work with a positive can do attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ability to work well in a team or group environment.
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Occasional travel to other countries possible.