Experienced Womenswear Vetigraph Production Pattern Cutter
Workroom Technical Manager
£34k – £36k per annum, according to experience
Growing womenswear supplier to leading high street retailers requires experienced Vetigraph pattern cutter to join in-house technical team. Successful candidate will work as part of a small team to develop high quality fashion garments from first fit through sealing process to final production.
- Three to five years relevant experience;
- Work well as part of a team;
- Experienced and confident using ‘Vetigraph’ pattern-cutting software;
- Experience with soft separates – jersey and woven fabrics;
- Good knowledge of garment construction;
- Eye for detail and quality;
- Computer literate – including Microsoft Office.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Produce garment patterns of a high standard;
- Pattern amendments from buying sample through to factory sample;
- Digitising patterns produced by in-house creative pattern cutters;
- Ensure patterns meet customer specifications and established QA/QC standards for factory production;
- Working to production Critical Path to achieve goals;
- Supporting in-house Garment Technologists;
- Work closely with in-house machinists on production of sample garments;
- Give help and support in workroom where needed to meet deadlines;
- Suggest ways to reduce garment cost and simplify construction for production;
- Follow fit comments to meet required specification, measurements and fit in accordance with customer’s standards and quality requirements;
- Check fit and factory samples, amending pattern as necessary to achieve required fit.
- Attention to detail, focussed and results oriented;
- Proactive, motivated and solution orientated;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent time management;
- Highly organised – efficient and effective.