Sample Room Assistant with London Intimate Apparel Samples (This position has been filled)
THIS ROLE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Intimate Apparel Samples is a technical design and development unit of lingerie and swimwear. We work closely with independent brands turning their design concepts into high quality garments supported by full tech packs and patterns ready for production. We have the privilege of working on a wide variety of exciting and innovative styles, meaning no two days are the same.
Intimate Apparel samples has a strong reputation in the industry for our high quality of work and level of service, a standard we strive to maintain.
Location: Wembley Park
Vacancy: Sample Room Assistant
A fantastic opportunity for a driven, passionate individual to join our small team of technicians developing lingerie and swimwear Tech Packs, samples and small runs for independent designer brands. You will gain invaluable experience learning a wide range of skills in this sector as part of a friendly and welcoming team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organise and maintain your workstation to allow for productivity
- Preparing and cutting fabrics for sample making or production
- Learning the use of different industrial sewing machines suitable for lingerie and swimwear.
- Sewing toiles suitable for your skill level
- Assisting with production sewing
- Quality Control: Trimming threads, checking items are to a high standard
- Measuring samples against measurement specs and updating where necessary
- Putting patterns into the CAD system and mastering.
- Create lay plans on CAD
- A small amount of admin duties involving email, phone calls and inputting data.
- Organising including: Labelling and storing samples Photographing (basic shots) samples and upload to our system. Checking and ordering inventory managing deliveries General maintenance of the work space.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Works well in a team
- Uses initiative
- A good eye for detail
- Manage their own workflow
- Stitching and pattern cutting skills would be desirable but not essential as you will be trained
Please note this role with evolve as the company grows which makes it a fantastic opportunity for the right person!
This is available on the Level 3 apprenticeship programme which is an 18 month programme. Please submit your CV to email@example.com