Production Assistant Apprentice
THIS ROLE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Role: Production Assistant
Hours: Flexible around course requirements. For example, 9 - 4pm four days per week, with one day off at college. Minimum of 30 hours per week is advised timeframe for most UK apprenticeships
Start Date: mid-Feb/early-March
Location: home studio in Cockfosters, North London. Postcode EN4 8FL. Regular remote working available.
Pay: National apprentice minimum wage
Length: Duration of your college course with the option to become employed on a permanent basis once course is completed.
About Lolly & Kiks
Lolly & Kiks is a bags & accessories brand; Inspired by Africa, Handmade in London and Worn by All.
The business started as a one-woman operation in 2017 by Xandra Kike (“Kiks”) an ex-Buyer and Product Development Manager.
Role Description in Line with Apprenticeship Standard
- Operating your sewing machine
- Working with a variety of materials and techniques to produce items that meet quality standards, targets and deadlines
- Interpreting and following instructions and technical specifications
- Monitoring and maintaining the work flow
- Routine machine maintenance
- Organisation and maintenance of an efficient workstation
- Adhering to health and safety rules and regulations
- Cutting of materials required to make all products
- Prepping of materials, including fabric pressing
- Reviewing and assessing the product samples to find ways to make them better or more efficient to produce
- Social media content planning & creation across our Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
- Setting up Ad campaigns across Google and the above social platforms
- Google analytics & keywords monitoring
- Influencer & press management (identifying relevant partners, sending out samples and photos)
- Keeping the website and other online selling platforms (e.g., Etsy) looking spick’n’span - including uploading new products, updating pricing, descriptions and stock availability
- Brainstorming ways to improve SEO (search engine optimization), such as coming up with ideas for relevant blog posts
- Supporting on product/lifestyle shoots
- Capturing behind the scenes activities for use on social media
- Fulfilling orders via the website and taking packages to the post office
- Stock taking - keeping on top of stock whereabouts!
- General admin tasks – sometimes boring but sooO necessary!
- Research for business development projects
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with a creative mind-set and a can-do attitude
- Organized and motivated, with the ability to prioritize your workload
- Looking to develop a career in fashion, retail and/or online e-commerce (tasks can be tailored around your main interests)
- You have good communication skills and pay attention to detail
- Team player is your mantra – although you love to work independently once given clear direction and objectives!
- To be part of an exciting start-up brand and learn how it works from beginning to end, from the design, to production, marketing and sales
- Pay with work experience that has the potential to develop into a permanent full-time role at the end of your apprenticeship. And of course, reference letters if and when required
To apply for this role please submit your CV to email@example.com