Halfpenny Studio & Production Apprentice (This position has been filled)
Kate Halfpenny loves and designs bridalwear for real women. You can tell by the way Kate and her team look after each and everyone of their customers. It’s personal. It’s their passion. You can tell by the way her collection is designed. Every piece understands womens’ bodies, their individual beauty and their lifestyles. Halfpenny is proud to design and make in London, England.
Halfpenny are currently offering a studio and production assistant apprenticeship for a hard working individual to assist with all aspects of the day to day running of a busy workroom. The candidate will be expected to carry out production assistant tasks and general duties to ensure the studio is running as efficiently as possible. The role is very hands-on as the candidate will be working closely with the team, providing support across all areas of the studio based in Bloomsbury, London.
• To ensure the studio is well presented at all times
• General Studio maintenance and stock take
• Assist with testing samples for new collections and making some toiles
• Documenting fabrics and patterns in our systems. Prepare fabric swatches and organise new season fabrics
• Using our production system to assist with monthly production runs and up-to-date production information
• Preparation of monthly production including fabrics, patterns and components.
• Attend and critique during monthly QC runs for production
• To provide administrative support for the team including booking couriers, data entry, research etc.
• Assist with creating and maintaining technical packs for production
• Prepare dresses for bridal fittings
• Supporting the seamstresses and fitter as well as the studio manager and production manager
• Assisting with the day to day running of the studio and offer guidance to studio interns
• Help greet and provide hospitality for buyers and guests when called upon
• Attention to detail and eager to learn
• Good inter-personal skills; a team player attitude
• Adaptability and ability to work in a high pace environment and to tight deadlines
• Capable of dealing with high end luxury bridal fabrics and techniques
• Good understanding of grading and general technical terms used in a busy studio
• Good understanding of garment construction
• Experience with alterations
• Good hand sewing skills
• Experience cutting and marking with bias, fine lace and fabrics
• The ability to follow systems effectively
• Knowledge and experience using a sewing machine
• Literate in English is essential; in addition, multi-lingual ability is desirable
• Proactive and capable of working independently, within defined parameters
• Knowledge of luxury bridal/fashion
• Professional and enthusiastic in their approach to any given task
This apprenticeship is available on the Level 3 Fashion Studio Assistant Apprenticeship Programme.
If you feel like you are the right candidate for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com