Ethical Packaging and Labelling Apprentice for Mountain Warehouse
Job Title: Ethical Packaging and Labelling Apprentice
Company: Mountain Warehouse
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Ethical Packaging and Labelling Apprentice to join our growing team in the London office. The role reports into our Junior Compliance Specialist. We would love to hear from you if you are analytical and have a passion for the environment and relish the opportunity to effect positive change. This apprenticeship is 22 months plus 5 months EPA (End Point Assessment)
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain packaging database of SKU’s and weights.
- Run data reports to facilitate packaging, WEEE and battery data submissions.
- Support with identifying opportunities to eliminate, minimise or recycle packaging.
- Support sourcing of ethical packaging and labelling materials and circular waste opportunities.
- Support the development of new label and packaging artworks.
- Monitor and manage supplier packaging and labelling compliance.
- Work with staff and suppliers to raise awareness of correct recycling to meet recycling targets.
- Support with managing factory ethical audit data – maintaining completeness.
- Learn industry best practice and legislation.
- Evaluating new packaging/ labelling product designs to meet sustainable specifications.
- Packaging/ labelling sample review, evaluation and approval.
- Identifying suitable sustainable materials.
- Analysing supplier data and following up on non-compliance.
- Supporting the process for on-boarding new suppliers.
- Costing of new developments.
- Basic quality assessment of packaging and labelling materials.
- Supporting with supplier risk assessments.
We’d love to meet someone with
- Good Excel skills, formulas, macros and V-look ups a benefit.
- High level of accuracy in transcribing information.
- Analytical with good attention to detail.
- Fast learner.
- Basic awareness of ethical topics and organisations.
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme
- Learning and development support
This role is available on Level 4 Product Technologist Apprenticeship
To apply please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Mountain Warehouse
Unlike other outdoor retailers, we don’t carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products we sell through our stores and website are exclusive to Mountain Warehouse – you won’t find them anywhere else.
Why do we do this? Well, by designing our own top quality products and having them made to our exacting standards, we can cut out the middleman. So that means you get the exact same quality, but at significantly lower prices than you’ll find at other shops.
We have well located and well stocked stores where you and your family can get straightforward advice from our knowledgeable, friendly staff. In most of our stores you can even bring your dog in too! Everything we do is focused on serving our growing group of customers who like what we have to offer: the best gear, the best service and the best prices. We would love it if you joined them.