Assistant Garment Technologist Apprentice at N16 Vintage
About N16 Vintage:
We are based in North London and we love to create.
We supply our favourite retailers with heaps of re-made, customised and true vintage garments and accessories.
We love military surplus, vintage denim, leathers and fabric.
As well as vintage, we love to create exclusively. We are equally happy to work from an idea our lovely customers may have, or create something ourselves, especially for you. This can include original designs, knitwear, exclusive fabric prints, jersey and jewellery.
We also love to create licensed goods. We put our spin on band tees, Coca-Cola and Looney Tunes merch.
We specialise in super-quick, UK made product because we love to be the first to react to any new trend.
Location: North London, Bounds Green
Job role: Assistant Garment Technologist Apprentice
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing fit logs and uploading to online systems
- Managing test reports uploading to online systems
- Visiting factories
- Coordinating fabrics and trims for sample room
- Admin tasks
- Chasing test reporting, fabrics etc from suppliers
- Monitor quality requirements
- Assist in translating fashion designs into workable garments through involvement in fit sessions
- Providing administrative assistance to the technical department
- Assisting in reviewing fabric test reports and performance and assisting with in-house testing
- Administrating factory audit documentation
- Analysing customer returns
- Reviewing product fit and performance against competitors
- Monitoring and feeding back on quality in our warehouse and stores.
Experience & skills:
- Passionate and driven to succeed in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Have a keen interest in trend led, high street fashion
- A strong eye for detail
- Have a passionate interest for garments and fabric construction
- Demonstrate a "problem solving/Can do" behaviour
- Be able to proactively identify and analyse problems and propose commercial solutions
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
This role is available on the Level 3 apprenticeship programme. To apply please submit your CV to email@example.com