Reports to: Garment Technologist
Mountain Warehouse have an amazing opportunity for a Garment Technologist Apprentice to work at their London office four days a week and attend training with the Fashion Technology Academy one day a week for a 22-month period, plus a 5 month EPA (End Point Assessment) The successful candidate will achieve a grade 3 apprentice qualification in Garment Technology.
What you’ll be doing
- Attending fit meetings to support with admin
- Measuring samples and updating style files to accurately convey fit comments
- Reviewing test reports
- Liaising with suppliers on technical issues
- Updating the technical critical path and sample management
- Monitoring delivered quality and benchmarking industry advances
- Supporting design and buying with technical information for development requests
- General technical admin duties
The team would love to meet someone with
- Good knowledge of pattern-cutting and garment assembly is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Interested in pursuing a career in the technical side of fashion
- Good communication and numerical skills
- Team player capable of working under pressure to deadlines
- Good attention to detail with a positive attitude to work
What’s in it for you?
- Apprentice salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
Mountain Warehouse have been developing the very best outdoor gear for all the family since 1997. Unlike other outdoor retailers, Mountain Warehouse doesn’t carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products Mountain Warehouse sells via their stores and website are exclusive to Mountain Warehouse – you won’t find them anywhere else.
Why do they do this? Well, by designing in-house top-quality products and having them made to their exacting standards, Mountain Warehouse can cut out the middleman. So that means the customer gets the exact same quality, but at significantly lower prices than other shops.
Mountain Warehouse have well located and well stocked stores where customers can get straightforward advice from knowledgeable, friendly staff. In most of the stores customers can even bring their dog in too! Everything Mountain Warehouse does is focused on serving their growing group of customers who like what the brand has to offer: the best gear, the best service and the best prices.
To apply for this role please submit your CV to email@example.com