Fashion Studio Apprentice
Reports to: Designer
We have an amazing opportunity for a Fashion Studio Apprentice to work at our Leicester Factory in the design area four days a week and attend training with the Fashion Technology Academy one day a week for a 24-month period. The successful candidate will achieve a grade 3 apprentice qualification for Fashion Studio Assistant and opportunity to gain fashion experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learning to operate software used to create seamless garments
- Learning to design seamless garments on CAD
- Supporting in creating garment specification sheets
- Measuring of garments
- Support in managing customer samples and photography
- Assisting other members of the team
- General administrative support
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Interested in pursuing a career in the creative side of fashion
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Team player capable of working under pressure to deadlines
- Hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete tasks
- Good attention to detail with a positive attitude to work
- Not essential but be great to meet someone with a knowledge of fashion apparel
What’s in it for you?
- Apprentice salary
- Holiday allowance
Shahtex is a family run circular knitting company established for over 25-years and produces high quality jersey knitted fabrics.
We are excited to be increasing our range and now also producing seamless garments.
This exciting new project requires someone that can support the team to grow this new product range.
We are looking for someone with a can do attitude, that is ambitious and keen for a career in fashion. In return we can offer the right candidate an opportunity to grow with the company and start out on their fashion journey.