Pattern Room Manager/Production Director – Claire Solley/Caroline Ash
Overall Purpose of the job
To assist the pattern cutters throughout the production process and in the day to day tasks of the pattern room.
Digitising manual patterns and checking them ready for grading.
Learning Optitex Cad Cam (must have some cad cam experience).
• Digitising patterns into Vetigraph and Gerber CAD systems, thoroughly checking the patterns ready for production – CAD pattern software training will be provided
• Updating and creating graded size charts
• Keeping a detailed filling system of all patterns and tech packs in both hard copy and digital
• Keeping a record of your workload detailing billable hours
• Helping to keep the pattern room/studio tidy and organised
• Learn all aspects the Optitex cad cam system including manipulation on screen, selecting fabric type, avatar and translating 2D to 3D.
• Creating swatches
• General office duties
You will assist the pattern cutters in the following;
• Creating and amending patterns
• Cutting out samples by hand
• Fabric consumption/lay plans manually and digitally
• Completing accurate front sheets/sketches for the patterns
• Creating measurement charts and measuring samples
• Attending customer meetings – new development and fit meetings for the Fashion Studio
• You will also be required to assist the garment tech in the factory when necessary
• Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team
• Proactive and able to work under pressure.
• Thorough attention to detail
• Numerate and organised with good communication skills
• Knowledge of patterns, fabrics and garment construction -Jersey and Woven
• Strong computer skills – training can be provided in specific software
• Gerber and or Vetigraph knowledge is desirable but not essential
This role is available on the Level 3 Pattern Cutter Apprenticeship which is a 22 month programme
To apply please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org