We are an expanding Design and Manufacturing company Based in Richmond, West London, supplying Lingerie, Swimwear and Nightwear to major retailers and designer brands. We are looking for an Apprentice Produce & Garment Technologist to join our production team.
Role & responsibilities:
- Manage quality & fit for all samples through the product lifecycle.
- Compiling detailed, annotated fit comments with workable suggestions for improving fit, production quality & construction methods.
- Arranging & managing internal fit sessions, booking models as required, taking detailed fit comments to amend patterns or construction methods.
- Attending external fit sessions at all customers as required, taking detailed notes & interpreting fit comments from customers to be relayed to Aura team & factories to amend patterns or construction methods.
- Managing customer expectations for fit quality and critical path timeline, ensuring customer demands are realistic, can be achieved on the production line, and fit approved within agreed critical path timeline.
- Measurement & inspection of seals submitted from factories, recording measurements on spec charts, sharing data with customers & factories as required.
- Checking quality of samples from factory to ensure correct materials, make up methods and patterns have been used and product achieves required standards.
- Organising sample garments for fitting or filing, sending parcels to factories & customers and general sample administration.
- Represent the company on trips to factories, share knowledge and learn from each other.
- Review Customer’s Technical Manuals and ensure that any amendments or updates are relayed to the relevant factories & departments.
- Daily communication with customers, factories, suppliers and aura team members giving feedback & updates whenever necessary.
- Keep all internal departments informed and critical path systems up to date.
- Regular conference/video calls with factories as necessary.
- Share ideas, best practice, sources and information willingly to enable the business to maximize opportunities and improve efficiencies.
- Participate in problem solving and work closely with the team to decide on a contingency/plan to take action where necessary.
- Concise written & verbal communication both internally and externally, especially when communicating with the factories. In some instances a diagram/picture is more effective.
- To work closely with Senior Managers and be aware at all times of any impact to Critical Path management, be it from customers, suppliers or our own internal workload.
- Be aware of and share the Aura ethos around our Core Values; WE CARE, – Make it Happen, Want to Win it, Pride in our Product, Take Ownership, Earn Professional Respect.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong organisational & admin skills with ability to process multiple products throughout the lifecycle.
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken & written English.
This role is available on the Level 4 Product Technologist apprenticeship. To apply please submit your CV to email@example.com
Please note you cannot have a fashion related degree to join the apprenticeship programme.