Admiralty Pier Bridal Studio
The Admiralty Pier Bridal Studio offers a full bridal service at their studio including custom made wedding gowns, bespoke groomswear, Mother of the Bride and Bridesmaid / Pageboy outfits. They also design and custom make Special Occasion wear and Evening Gowns.
Based in Ipswich they are looking to hire an Apprentice Designer and Pattern Cutter.
• To train as a pattern maker to create and design new garments for in house collections and clients
• To attend fitting session, understand the importance of blocks and good patterns
• To source fabrics that are correct for patterns
• To create spot and cross patterns
• To work with factories and clients on pattern creation and toiling
• To create toiles on a variety of different fabrics and then follow through the toiles to finished card patterns
• To create grades once first fits and seals have been approved.
• To advise and support sample machinists on the correct tolerances and seam allowances on garments.
• Understanding patterns and blocks
• Some illustration work and mood board work as part of the design life cycle
• Understanding fabrics and their properties
• Relating patterns and blocks to the right fabric having due regard for the style (such as drape, pockets, linings et al)
• How to measure a garment
• Understanding body and block measurements – the form of a mannequin and live body must be reviewed
• Be prepared to undertake fitting sessions with clients
• Work with the design team to create collections that will be put into production for both in house label and also clients
The ideal candidate:
• Some knowledge of garment construction
• Be able to interpret a design sketch with creativity
• Have a good understanding of current trends and proposition
• Have a good eye for details
• Ability to understand different methods of pattern cutting
• Be a strong communicator
• Be able to build strong relationship whilst having excellent communications skills
Pleaser note this role takes place at their studio in Ipswich and training once a week takes place at the FTA in North London.
This role is available on the Level 3 Pattern Cutter Apprenticeship
To apply please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org