Know your Ethical Factory
- Pre-planning the visit, setting an agenda and what you really want to achieve.
- Communicate to the factory and to your own team.
- Tell the factory and confirm; get the right people involved.
- Show respect and understanding.
- Provide feedback to the factory.
- What are the key elements to a costing? Cost of fabric (price V’s usage) make-up costs, trims, logistics.
- Types of sampling – design and product development, fits and contract seals.
- How samples are generated?
- Cost of a sample, getting approvals and speed of response.
The masterclass will include a tour of the Factory and Fashion Studio
“Just wanted to say an enormous thanks for a great course. It was so great to be able to ask silly questions in what felt like a very safe environment and I learned so much. Your Factory Tour should be a must for anyone learning about design.” Caroline Denver
Know Your Ethical Factory at FashionCapital HQ, Unit 13/14, Crusader Estate, 167 Hermitage Road, London N4 1LZ. – Friday 13th April 11am – 1pm