We are delighted to announce that after seven years of working together the Fashion Technology Academy is now an official affiliate of Telestia, the leading online learning platform for pattern-making and design courses.
Communication is key in the design and production process and it all starts with a technical drawing. Computer aided drawings are the best way of accurately portraying your designs, which is imperative when communicating with a pattern cutter and manufacturer.
You will receive a 10% discount off each course when following the links below.
In the Telestia Fashion Design Technical Drawing online course learn how to create accurate technical drawings for your designs.
- You will study and understand how to draw and communicate the basic technical details of a fashion design using the correct principles and figure proportions.
- The aim of the course is to learn how to create technically correct drawings so that you can use fashion design as a communication tool to convey your creative ideas as a designer.
During the 10 week course you will:
- Study how to draw the basic figure proportionally for men, women and children.
- Learn how to draft figure poses and movement and you will practice on designing a great library of garment parts.
- Learn technical drawing theory and how to use your fashion design drawing to translate the correct proportionate details of a garment from a dressed figure drawing and/or a flat pattern block.
- Be able to communicate and read 3D ideas into 2D sketches and specs, and vice-versa.