Introduction to Tailoring is a 5 week courses which teaches you the fundamentals of tailoring. You will be taught the basic tailoring technical and practical skills involved in the hand production tailored garments. This includes pattern cutting, blocks and construction techniques of tailored garments.
What you will study:
You will study one unit which, upon successful completion, will gain you the ABC Level 1 Award in Fashion and Textiles.
Learners must achieve 8 credits from the tailoring pathway –
- Handcraft tailoring techniques [D/501/8041] Credit value – 8
- Basic blocks: hand craft tailoring [H/501/8042] Credit value – 8
- Pattern cutting and construction techniques: handcraft tailored trousers [T/501/8045] Credit value – 8
- Pattern cutting techniques: handcraft tailored jackets [A/501/8032] Credit value – 8
- Construction techniques: handcraft tailored jackets [K/501/8043] Credit value – 8
- Producing tailored components [M/501/8044] Credit value – 8
- Pattern cutting and construction techniques: production tailored skirts and trousers [A/501/8046] Credit value – 8
- Construction techniques: production tailored jackets [F/501/8047] Credit value -8
How you will be taught
This is a very hands on practical course so right from the start, you will be learning hand processes and techniques taught by industry trained experts. You will be inducted into Health and Safety procedures and policies to ensure you work safely amongst your fellow learners and teachers. Your progress will be reviewed at regular intervals to ensure you are experiencing the highest quality of training.
What can I do once I have completed the course?
Upon successfully completing the course, you can seek employment with your new found skills or you can progress onto our Intermediary Tailoring course or apply for an apprenticeship.